Join the Boston Awesome Foundation
December 31, 2010
We noticed you’re pretty awesome; we’re pretty awesome ourselves.
Do you have a passion for encouraging creativity and inciting revolutions? Are you excited about awesome projects, whatever your definition of that might be? If so, you might have what it takes to be the 2nd David Nunez Chair for Higher Awesome Studies.
The Awesome Foundation for the Arts and Sciences is an ever-growing, worldwide network of people devoted to forwarding the interest of awesomeness in the universe, and we, the Boston chapter, are looking for a new trustee to join our ranks. We are particularly interested in someone who is well-connected in communities outside of the tech/startup world to help diversify our group: artists, musicians, makers, chefs, nonprofit organizers, educators, mad scientists, etc. are all encouraged to apply.
Your responsibilities would include:
* Reviewing and selecting an Awesome Project each month. This means reviewing the month’s submissions, identifying your favorites, and championing them during a monthly 2 hour long deliberation session (low conflict, beer and pizza to help the process along).
* Contributing $100 towards each monthly award
* Attending the events held in honor of the winners
* In the event of your resignation, helping to find a successor for yourself
* Promoting, to the extent of your interest and ability, the Awesome Foundation message
If you are awesome and interested, please submit a short email including a self-introduction (citations encouraged), your reasons for wanting to join the Awesome Foundation, and a description of what your ideal awesome project would look like to firstname.lastname@example.org.
**UPDATE: Deadline = Saturday, 1/15/11 @ 11:59PM**
Feel free to rub elbows with the rest of the board at The Friendly Toast on Friday, 1/14/11 to celebrate our December Fellow, Will Macfarlane of Parts & Crafts.